This winter I’ve been putting a lot of work into the next big update of the East Coast Trail Guide, my book about Newfoundland’s amazing East Coast Trail. Today I’m very pleased to announce the update is ready and available on iBooks, well in time for the new hiking season!
This update brings several major improvements to the book and countless little ones, making it both a better read and a more useful guide.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.4:
- Many sections of the book have been rewritten.
- Beautiful new overview maps have been added to the Trails chapter, providing an easier way of finding suitable hikes near you.
- Trail Preview pop-ups have been added to the free sample chapter.
- The Witless Bay Ecological Reserve has an updated map and a brand new cover photo.
- Spout Path has a beautiful new cover photo too.
- Four mini-descriptions have been added to the ‘Other Berries’ section.
- A temperature chart has been added to the Seasons chapter.
- Last year’s spawning dates have been added to the Capelin Calendar pop-up.
- Broken web-links have been updated or replaced.
- Author contact information has been updated.
- Many more little improvements have been made throughout the book.
Get it on iBooks
This update is a free download for readers who already have the book, available through the update function in your iBooks app on iPad, iPhone or Mac.