Here’s a quick update on the current state of wild berries on the East Coast Trail.
- Bakeapples have come and gone, some patches still have good berries left but they’re hidden well away from the trail.
- Raspberries are good to go right now in many places, as usual they don’t look super appealing but that’s just the way they are in the wild.
- Creeping snowberries are ripening right now, give them another week or so for a better taste.
- Crackerberries are absolutely everywhere, the bigger ones are good to go, but almost tasteless, as usual.
- Blueberries are popping up all over the place, some are even ready to be picked, but most of them are still in a very early stage.
- Partridgeberries are still in the earliest stage of development.
- I haven’t seen wild strawberries yet.
- I haven’t seen blackberries yet.